[Lightning-dev] BOLT11 In the World of Scriptless Scripts

ZmnSCPxj ZmnSCPxj at protonmail.com
Sat Nov 3 01:37:49 UTC 2018

Good morning Rusty, aj, and list,

> > -   channel announcements: do you support secp256k1 for hashes or just
> >     sha256?
> >

> Worse, it becomes "I support secp256k1 with ECDSA" then a new "I support
> secp256k1 with Schnorr". You need a continuous path of channels with
> the same feature.

I believe not?  Both the 2p-ECDSA and Schnorr contingent payment schemes effectively encode "I will pay you N satoshi if you give me the private key of the public key P on the secp256k1 curve, before time B", which can be composed with another contingent payment of either 2p-ECDSA or Schnorr.  So it would be possible to have a route with channels alternating between the two schemes.

Or do I misunderstand some detail?

Regards,
ZmnSCPxj