[Lightning-dev] Wireshark plug-in for Lightning Network(BOLT) protocol

Olaoluwa Osuntokun laolu32 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 07:08:17 UTC 2018

Hi tomokio,

This is so dope! We've long discussed creating canned protocol transcripts
for
other implementations to assert their responses again, and I think this is a
great first step towards that.

> Our proposal:
> Every implementation has compile option which enable output key
information
> file.

So is this request to add an option which will write out the _plaintext_
messages to disk, or an option that writes out the final derived read/write
secrets to disk? For the latter path, it the tools that read these
transcripts
would need to be aware of key rotations, so they'd  be able to continue to
decrypt the transact pt post rotation.

-- Laolu