[Lightning-dev] Proposal for Advertising Channel Liquidity

Anthony Towns aj at erisian.com.au
Thu Nov 8 06:17:03 UTC 2018

On Wed, Nov 07, 2018 at 06:40:13PM -0800, Jim Posen wrote:
> can simply close the channel. So if I'm charging for liquidity, I'd actually
> want to charge for the amount (in mSAT/BTC) times time.

So perhaps you could make a market here by establishing a channel saying
that

  "I'll pay 32 msat per 500 satoshi per hour for the first 3 days"

When you open the channel with 500,000 satoshi donated by the other guy,
you're then obliged to transfer 32 satoshi every hour to the other guy
for three days (so a total of 14c or so).

If the channel fails beforehand, they don't get paid; if you stop
paying you can still theoretically do a mutual close.

Maybe a complicated addition to the protocol though?

Cheers,
aj