[Lightning-dev] Walletless channel opens

David A. Harding dave at dtrt.org
Sat Nov 10 21:40:30 UTC 2018

On Wed, Nov 07, 2018 at 10:30:12PM +0000, ZmnSCPxj via Lightning-dev wrote:
> However, SIGHASH_NOINPUT would allow Lightning implementations to be "walletless".

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but wouldn't this require comitting to the
transaction fees for the various delayed-broadcast transactions (e.g.
the Eltoo trigger transaction) because, without a wallet, you can't RBF
additional fees by adding additional inputs?

Having to set the final fees during setup for a channel that could be
open for weeks or months, but which would need to be closed within a
relatively short window to prevent fraud, could mean committing to an
undesireable high feerate.

-Dave