[Lightning-dev] Towards a Market for Liquidity Providers -- Enforcing Minimum Channel Lifetime

Pierre pm+lists at acinq.fr
Sun Nov 11 03:40:16 UTC 2018

Hello ZmnSCPxj,

Thus, after Symmetric CSV, we could also add an additional CLTV constraint
> that determines the minimum channel lifetime.

I'm nitpicking, but parties have to exchange the first commitment txes (one
for each side) *before* the funding tx is even published. As a consequence,
the absolute CLTV delay wouldn't really constrain the duration of the
channel, because the timer starts running before the channel is created. Do
you think that matters?

Cheers,

Pierre