[Lightning-dev] Summary of the Second Lightning Development Summit (2018 Adelaide)

ZmnSCPxj ZmnSCPxj at protonmail.com
Wed Nov 14 13:47:55 UTC 2018

The link in the original post contains actual descriptions of "wumbo" and "hidden destinations".
Admittedly, the linked wiki page is not necessarily clear, so I shall describe them here anyway.

Wumbo is the study of all things wumbological.
I wumbo, you wumbo, he wumbo she wumbo.
Wumboing.
Wumbological, being or having wumbo.
If "M" is "mini", we can turn around the "M" into "W", which means "wumbo".
In short, more clearly, "wumbo" mans "maxi" or removing the channel capacity limit.
If both sides of a new channel agree to wumbo each other by setting `option_i_wumbo_you_wumbo`, they can build channels with capacity higher than 167.77216mBTC.
A node that advertises `option_wumborama` allows any node to build channels with capacity above the limit.
Please blame one of the persons attending the summit for this term.
Unfortunately, due to rules imposed, non-attendees can only learn who to blame if that person admits this.

Hidden destinations is basically "rendezvous routing".
See "Rendez-vous Routing" thread by CJP on the list, and the discussion on thread "Link-level payment splitting via intermediary rendezvous nodes" on the list.

Regards,
ZmnSCPxj