[Lightning-dev] Approximate assignment of option names: please fix!

Olaoluwa Osuntokun laolu32 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 03:32:40 UTC 2018

> OG AMP is inherently spontaneous in nature, therefore invoice might not
exist
> to put the feature on.

That is incorrect. One can use an invoice along with AMP as is, in order to
tag
a payment. As an example, I want to deposit to an exhcange, so I get an
invoice
from them. I note that the invoice has a special (new) field that indicates
they accept AMP payments, and include an 8-byte identifier. Each of the
payment
shards I send over to the exchange will carry this 8-byte identifier.
Inclusion
of this identifier signals to them to credit my account with the deposit
once
all the payments arrive. This generalizes to any case where a service or
good
is to be dispersed once a payment is received.

-- Laolu