[Lightning-dev] Base AMP

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Wed Nov 21 22:52:28 UTC 2018

Johan Torås Halseth <johanth at gmail.com> writes:
> Seems like we can restrict the changes to BOLT11 by having the receiver
> assume NAMP for incoming payments < invoice_amount. (with some timeout of
> course, but that would need to be the case even when the sender is
> signalling NAMP).

This would effectively become a probe for Base AMP; if you get a partial
payment error, it's because the recipient didn't support Base AMP.

Seems cleaner to have a flag, both on BOLT11 and inside the onion.  Then
it's explicitly opt-in for both sides and doesn't affect existing nodes
in any way.

Cheers,
Rusty.