[Lightning-dev] lookupinvoice

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Mon Nov 26 03:27:59 UTC 2018

Sarat G <sarath.ginjupalli89 at gmail.com> writes:
> Hi,
>
> I'm been working on the LN repo for a while now. I would like to know if
> there is any way that a payee can lookup the invoice it gets paid, i.e
> similar to the 'lookupinvoice' command as provided by the lnd(Golang).

Hi Sarat,

        I'm confused; "the LN repo" is ambigious, as there are several,
each with their own places to ask questions:

https://github.com/ACINQ/eclair-wallet/
https://github.com/ElementsProject/lightning
https://github.com/LightningNetwork/lnd/
https://github.com/nayutaco/ptarmigan
https://github.com/rust-bitcoin/rust-lightning

Then of course there's the spec repo as well, which guides us all:

        https://github.com/lightningnetwork/lightning-rfc

But AFAICT (though your question is off-topic for this list):

        lnd has lookupinvoice which looks up by hash[1]
        eclair has checkpayment which looks up by hash or bolt11[2]
        c-lightning has listinvoices which can lookup by label[3], or
           wait(any)invoice[4] which is used for polling.

Would love someone to write a rosetta stone for the different APIs!

[1] https://api.lightning.community/#lookupinvoice
[2] https://github.com/ACINQ/eclair/wiki/API
[3] https://github.com/ElementsProject/lightning/blob/master/doc/lightning-listinvoices.7.txt
[4] https://github.com/ElementsProject/lightning/blob/master/doc/lightning-waitanyinvoice.7.txt