[Lightning-dev] Base AMP

Johan Torås Halseth johanth at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 22:25:18 UTC 2018

(excuse me for not yet understanding what this extra complexity gives us)

To summarize: My suggestion was to only add an optional field to the
invoice, and let the recepient wait until all funds have received before
pulling the payment. No changes to the onion.

We briefly discussed this during the last call, that the extra bit set in
the onion will be necessary to support Partial Payments (PP?) in the
spontaneous payments case.

However, as we don't yet have spontaneous payments specced out, wouldn't
this be something to be added at that point?

I just feel not adding the extra bit to the onion would make the
implementation of PP near trivial, and still don't see the downsides of not
adding it.

Cheers, Johan