[Lightning-dev] Base AMP

ZmnSCPxj ZmnSCPxj at protonmail.com
Wed Nov 28 03:54:45 UTC 2018

Good morning all,

> I initially suggested we could just have a 2-byte "number of total
> pieces", but it turns out there's a use-case where that doesn't work
> well: splitting the bill. There each payer is unrelated, so doesn't
> know how the others are paying.

This would also not work well in case of a dynamic algorithm that greedily tries to pay the whole amount at once, then splits it if it does not fit, with each split also being liable to splitting.
Such a dynamic algorithm would not know in the first place how many splits it will take, but it *will* know the total amount it intends to deliver.

Regards,
ZmnSCPxj