[Lightning-dev] Dual Funding Proposal

ZmnSCPxj ZmnSCPxj at protonmail.com
Wed Nov 28 05:26:24 UTC 2018

Good morning Lisa,

Minor comments only, have not studied in detail:

> ____ `accept_channel2`:
>
> [32:temporary_channel_id]
>
> …  // unchanged
>
> [33:first_per_commitment_point]
>
> [?: options_tlv]
>
> options_tlv:
>
> -
>
> Type: 1 `option_upfront_shutdown_script`
>
>            [2:len]
>
>           Value: `shutdown_scriptpubkey`

I believe an even type is more appropriate, since the other side MUST enforce that sthudown only goes to the specified script?

> ____`funding_puts2`
>
> This message exchanges the input and output information necessary to compose the funding transaction.
>
> [32:temporary_channel_id]
>
> [`2`:`num_inputs`]
>
> [`num_inputs*input_info`]
>
> [`2`:`num_outputs`]
>
> [`num_outputs`*ouput_info`]
>
> 1. subtype: `input_info`
>
> 2. data:
>
>  * [`8`:`satoshis`]
>
>  * [`32`:`prevtxid`]
>
>  * [`4`:`prevtxoutnum`]
>
>  * [`2`:`scriptlen`]
>
>  * [`scriptlen`:`script`]
>
>  * [`2`:`max_extra_witness_len`]
>
>  * [`2`:`wscriptlen`]
>
>  * [`wscriptlen`:`wscript`]

`script` here is the `scriptPubKey`?  This is needed for `hashPrevouts` in BIP143 I believe.

What is the `wscript`?  Is this the `scriptCode` in BIP143?

Are non-SegWit inputs disallowed?

> 1. subtype: `output_info`
>
> 2. data:
>
>  * [`8`:`satoshis`]
>
>  * [`2`:`scriptlen`]
>
>  * [`scriptlen`:`script`]
>
> Requirements:
>
> The sending node:
>
> -
>
> MUST ensure each `input_info` refers to an existing UTXO
>
> -
>
> MUST ensure the `output_info`.`script` is a standard script
>
> -
>
> MUST NOT spend any UTXOs specified in funding_puts2 until/unless the channel establishment has failed

If a violation of this is detected, what MUST we do?

Regards,
ZmnSCPxj