[Lightning-dev] Commitment Transaction Format Update Proposals?

Fabrice Drouin fabrice.drouin at acinq.fr
Thu Oct 18 11:28:31 UTC 2018

Hello,

> 1.  Rather than trying to agree on what fees will be in the future, we
 >     should use an OP_TRUE-style output to allow CPFP (Roasbeef)

We could also use SIGHASH_ANYONECANPAY|SIGHASH_SINGLE for HTLC txs, without
adding the "OP_TRUE" output to the commitment transaction. We would still
need the update_fee message to manage onchain fees for the commit tx (but
not the HTLC txs) but there would be no reason anymore to refuse fee rates
that are too high and channels would not get closed anymore when there's a
spike in onchain fees.

Cheers,

Fabrice