[Lightning-dev] Commitment Transaction Format Update Proposals?

Conner Fromknecht conner at lightning.engineering
Sat Oct 20 16:12:00 UTC 2018

Good morning everyone,

> We could also use SIGHASH_ANYONECANPAY|SIGHASH_SINGLE
> for HTLC txs, without adding the "OP_TRUE"
> output to the commitment transaction

Doesn’t this require a non-zero number of HTLCs on the commitment txn? We
would still require the OP_TRUE if there are no HTLCs, right?

>From my recollection, HTLC txns with an absolute timeout won’t be accepted
in the mempool until the expiry has matured. So the commitment would have
to be held until that time before it’s descendants can bump the fee rate I
think.

I agree that we should probably modify the HTLC sighashes regardless,
though I wonder if it is a standalone replacement for OP_TRUE.

> 3. The CLTV timeout should be symmetrical to avoid
> trying to game the peer into closing. (Connor IIRC?).

I believe Jimpo proposed this :)

Best,
Conner