[Lightning-dev] [RELEASE] c-lightning 0.6.2: The Consensus Loving Nasal Daemon

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Fri Oct 26 20:45:21 UTC 2018

We're pleased to announce c-lightning 0.6.2, named by @practicalswift.

https://github.com/ElementsProject/lightning/releases/tag/v0.6.2
OR https://launchpad.net/~cdecker/+archive/ubuntu/clightning (SOON)

We HIGHLY RECOMMEND you upgrade to this release NOW; it will improve
overall network health!

Highlights for c-lightning users:

* Invoices now contain an hint on a good incoming channel to use, for
  more reliable payments ("RouteBoost").
* listforwards command to show all forwarded HTLCs, and getinfo shows
  total fees (both only from upgrade only)
* Reduced logging spam at debug level.
* A multitude of bugfixes which make things generally much nicer.

Highlights for the network

* We no longer spam our peers with dead channels.
* Redundant gossip updates are completely eliminated.
* We advertise htlc_maximum_msat for our channels as per recent BOLT update.

Internal Improvements

* Significant optimization in JSON command response.
* connectd and hsmd are now part of the growing literate documentation effort.
* Testsuite now uses flask to override bitcoind responses for testing.

More details can be found in the CHANGELOG:

https://github.com/ElementsProject/lightning/blob/v0.6.2/CHANGELOG.md

Contributions

We're grateful for all the bug reports and suggestions and your patience
as we sometimes struggled to address them: please keep them coming!

Since 0.6.1 we've had 239 commits from 13 different authors, 3 of whom were first-time c-lightning contributors:

    @alan8325
    Amin Shah Gilani
    @trueserve

This is down from last release, but it was a much shorter timeline too!

Cheers,
Rusty, Christian and ZmnSCPxj.