[Lightning-dev] Both-side funded channels

Cezary Dziemian cezary.dziemian at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 18:55:41 UTC 2018

Thanks for answer,

Do I understand what you described correctly? If some merchant would like
to just start using ln by receiving funds, he need to:

1. Fund channel with amount he would like to be able to receive +
dust_limit*2
2. Wait for confirmations to channel opening
3. Buy onchain bitcoins for ln bitcoins

Weaknesses are:
- he need to posses all funds he would like to receive + dust_limit*2
- process takes longer
- process requires 2 on-chain transactions
- point 3 should be implemented in trustless way, so it also requires some
development

Don't you agree with me, that right now there is no good way to initiate
such receiving channel? Don't you think this is quite high weakness of LN?
BTW Maybe there is someone who is working on this trustless swap between
on-chain and on-channel funds?

Regards,
CD