[Lightning-dev] c-lightning 0.6.1 release, aka "Principled Opposition to SegWit"
rusty at blockstream.com
Fri Sep 14 07:54:58 UTC 2018
We're pleased to announce c-lightning 0.6.1, named by co-maintainer ZmnSCPxj.
Highlights for c-lightning users
* Less stuck payments: Liveness ping test before locking up funds with peers.
* Better routing: now considers size of channels.
* Fewer spurious closes: fee estimate improvements, and new feerates command
* Several annoying bugs fixed.
* Ubuntu PPA at https://launchpad.net/~lightningnetwork/+archive/ubuntu/ppa
Highlights for the network:
* Gossipd now less spammy with channel_update.
* option_data_loss_protect to protect peers against being out-of-date.
* Payment errors now refer to the correct channel.
* Simplified client flow; after init message exchange by connectd, each
is isolated in its own daemon.
* JSON parameter handling vastly simplfied.
* Python testing framework now uses proper fixtures, and split into
* Many other cleanups and clarifications.
* We keepachangelog.com!
The details can be found in the CHANGELOG:
We're grateful for all the bug reports and suggestions and your patience as we sometimes struggled to address them: please keep them coming!
Since 0.6 we've had 517 commits from 31 different authors, 15 of whom
were first-time c-lightning contributors:
Rusty, Christian and ZmnSCPxj.
More information about the Lightning-dev