[Lightning-dev] Proposal: Automated Inbound Liquidity With Invoices

ecurrencyhodler ecurrencyhodler at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 18:05:26 UTC 2019

>So would `push_msat`; until confirmed deeply the channel opening can still
be cancelled by double-spending and it would be foolhardy to deliver the
product until the channel is deeply confirmed to be opened.

Okay so there's 2 situations here I'd like to explore:

1. Bob -> routing node -> Me

2. Bob -> Me

*Scenario 1*
If Bob pays the invoice and the routing node opens a payment channel and
pushes sats to me, you could stipulate that the routing node isn't able to
fully take ownership of the sats until 6 confirmations potentially via Hodl
Invoices (by the time the routing nodes channel with pushed payments
confirms with mine).  But I could still make LN payments instantly through
the routing node because the routing node just needs to wait until the 6
confirmations and settle all accounts after the fact.

*Scenario 2*
Bob and I know each other so if channel disappears, it's basically the same
situation with Thor's instant channel.  But we could completely remove
scenario 2 and only allow routing nodes to open channels to me as long as
Bob makes the payment.