[Lightning-dev] Faking LN transactions to road block chain analysis? Does it make any sense?

Esteban Ordano eordano at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 17:01:50 UTC 2019

Indeed, please excuse the brevity of my proposed mechanism and my basic
cryptographic toolkit. Thank you for building on it!

The additional cost in the closing transaction would be an interesting
trade-off for the privacy it provides. It could be negotiated on channel
opening alongside the fee structure. I brought it up because it would be
interesting to discuss this privacy improvement because it can be
implemented today, and phased out when viable.

I am worried that it might open the door for an entropy exhaustion attack
on negotiation, yet that might be easy to prevent.