[Lightning-dev] Quick analysis of channel_update data

ZmnSCPxj ZmnSCPxj at protonmail.com
Fri Jan 4 03:43:14 UTC 2019

Good morning,

> -   in set reconciliation schemes: we could reconcile [channel id |
>     timestamp | checksum] first

Perhaps I misunderstand how set reconciliation works, but --- if timestamp is changed while checksum is not, then it would still be seen as a set difference and still require further communication rounds to discover that the channel parameters have not actually changed.

Perhaps it is better to reconcile [channel_id | checksum] instead, and if there is a different set of channel parameters, share the set difference and sort out which timestamp is later at that point.

Regards,
ZmnSCPxj