[Lightning-dev] lnurl to enable payer/payee interactions

ZmnSCPxj ZmnSCPxj at protonmail.com
Sun Jan 20 02:25:34 UTC 2019

Good Morning Anton,

> As an example: users can get an incoming channel from Bitrefill today by utilizing their Bitrefill account funds which may be Bitcoin or altcoins.

Usually, when we say "incoming channel", we mean a channel where the funds are owned by your counterparty, not yours, precisely so that you can receive momey by it.
Now if you own the funds, obviously it is not owned by your counterparty.
So you cannot use "your" Bitrefill account funds to get a channel that is incoming to you, assuming Bitrefill actually considers it "yours".
You *could* use it to *pay* for incoming liquidity, but that is now part of the liquidity provider proposal where you ask for an incoming channel and are given an invoice somehow.

Regards,
ZmnSCPxj