[Lightning-dev] Proposal: Lightning Pre-Image Encryption Standard

ZmnSCPxj ZmnSCPxj at protonmail.com
Wed Jun 26 06:12:39 UTC 2019

Thank you for your thought.

Another idea: would it be useful to split up large data (several megabytes long) and FEC-encode it in chunks (with each chunk having a separate MAC)?

That way even if some error occurs during transmission, it is possible to recover without re-downloading entire dataset.
Especially, since we need to decrypt first, before we can confirm the MAC: if the MAC fails for the chunk, it's better if we can use data from nearby chunks to recover, rather than download and re-decrypt again.
Or is this over-engineering?

Regards,
ZmnSCPxj

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.