[Lightning-dev] [bitcoin-dev] Continuing the discussion about noinput / anyprevout

Anthony Towns aj at erisian.com.au
Tue Oct 1 14:45:48 UTC 2019

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 11:28:43PM +0000, ZmnSCPxj via bitcoin-dev wrote:
> Suppose rather than `SIGHASH_NOINPUT`, we created a new opcode, `OP_CHECKSIG_WITHOUT_INPUT`.

I don't think there's any meaningful difference between making a new
opcode and making a new tapscript public key type; the difference is
just one of encoding:

   3301<key>AC   [CHECKSIG of public key type 0x01]
   32<key>B3     [CHECKSIG_WITHOUT_INPUT (replacing NOP4) of key]

> This new opcode ignores any `SIGHASH` flags, if present, on a signature,

(How sighash flags are treated can be redefined by new public key types;
if that's not obvious already)

Cheers,
aj