[Lightning-dev] Increasing fee defaults to 5000+500 for a healthier network?

ecurrencyhodler ecurrencyhodler at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 17:16:09 UTC 2019

Good morning Rusty.

To add to roasbeef's point, I don't think lightningpowerusers.com is a good
indicator for market tolerance for higher fees either. It's highly
connected and does a lot of routing because Pierre has on boarded many
users through the node launcher. That means most of these users aren't
power users and therefore aren't technically skilled enough or aware of how
to find a cheaper route.

I agree with the sentiment that the network is still too young to derive
any meaningful observations around a routing fee market. This will become
clearer though as more routing tools and analytics are created for routing
node operators as well wallet users.