[Lightning-dev] CPFP Carve-Out for Fee-Prediction Issues in Contracting Applications (eg Lightning)

Johan Torås Halseth johanth at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 07:05:15 UTC 2019

It essentially changes the rule to always allow CPFP-ing the commitment as
long as there is an output available without any descendants. It changes
the commitment from "you always need at least, and exactly, one non-CSV
output per party. " to "you always need at least one non-CSV output per
party. "

I realize these limits are there for a reason though, but I'm wondering if
could relax them. Also now that jeremyrubin has expressed problems with the
current mempool limits.