[Lightning-dev] eltoo implementation in Bitcoin functional test framework

Bastien TEINTURIER bastien at acinq.fr
Wed Sep 4 12:52:50 UTC 2019

Good morning Richard,

This is an interesting initiative, I'm curious to see the results!
I know we haven't worked on any Eltoo implementation yet at Acinq and I
don't know if others have attempted it.

However I have a very open question that may impact your project.
I'm starting to look at miniscript [1] (still a total noob though) and
listened to an interview where Pieter Wuille briefly mentioned that using
miniscript for lightning may be more future-proof and extensible than
directly using bitcoin script.
Have you considered first re-writing the Eltoo scripts with miniscript? Or
did someone else on this list attempt this already?
Do people on this list have opinions on whether that is the right direction
for Eltoo scripts (and maybe even for Bolt 1.x scripts if *any_prevout*
never makes it to Bitcoin scripts)?

Cheers,
Bastien

[1] http://bitcoin.sipa.be/miniscript/