[Lightning-dev] A better encoding for lightning invoices

ZmnSCPxj ZmnSCPxj at protonmail.com
Wed Apr 1 17:17:10 UTC 2020

Good morning Bastien,

> We believe the
> same encoding could be used to compress the bitcoin blockchain. With more training
> data, we believe our AI-optimized mapping could allow bitcoin blocks to fit in a
> single tweet; we would then be able to use Twitter feeds to store the whole blockchain.

An utter derailment of this thread, but this claim seems to me a massive departure from my understanding of information theory.
I am put to mind of the fable of the 1-bit image compressor, which can compress any image to just 1 bit; its decompression algorithm checked if the input bit is a 1 and if so, emitted the Lenna test image, and if the input bit was 0, would fail with a decompression error.
Since the only requirement for publication in a journal is to be able to correctly compress and decompress the Lenna test image,  the image compressor achieves 1-bit compression of any image, as shown by the successful compression and decompression of the Lenna test image.

I wonder if the blockchain data is stored in the tweet, or in the AI that decides how to store it in the tweet.

Regards,
ZmnSCPxj