[Lightning-dev] DRAFT: interactive tx construction protocol

lisa neigut niftynei at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 23:09:17 UTC 2020

> Probably so that address reuse is not dinged, i.e. I have two UTXOs with
the same address and want to make two different channels with different
peers.

Having 2 utxos locked to the same pubkey will map to a single H2 value
though, which is what is used to flag utxo reuse. With a PoDLE you're
proving that you have a *key* for a utxo; the verifier checks that the key
you say you know does in fact map to controlling the utxo that you say it's
attached to. Whether or not you added the utxo to the signature commitment
doesn't add anything to the security of the verification.

At worse, it might leak what other utxo that the initiator controls, if
they accidentally commit to the wrong utxo and the peer decided to try
grinding utxo outpoints on the offchance that one matched.