[Lightning-dev] Lightning Spec Meeting 2020/02/17

Christian Decker decker.christian at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 12:07:21 UTC 2020

Dear Fellow Protocol Devs,

the next meeting is this Monday (2020/02/17), and to facilitate review
and meeting preparations we have prepared a short agenda [1].

The open topic discussions during the last two iterations have been very
interesting, albeit a bit long, so this time we decided to limit
ourselves to just two topics, and track other topics of interest in a
backlog section. If there is time we can start discussing entries from
the backlog section, however it is likely better to concentrate well on
a few topics rather than touching many briefly. Let me know if you
agree, and of course any other feedback is more than welcome.

The agenda is not yet final, so if there are topics people are eager to
discuss please let me know either on GH or reply to this mail :-)

So far the agenda looks as follows:

```markdown
The meeting will take place on Monday 2020/02/17 on IRC [#lightning-dev](irc://chat.freenode.net/lightning-dev). It is open to the public.

## Pull Request Review
- [ ] A home for BOLT #738
- [ ] Reply channel range simplification #737
- [ ] BOLT11 additional and negative tests #736
- [ ] Avoid stuck channels after fee increase #740

## Long Term Updates
- [ ] Protocol testing framework (@rustyrussell). See the `tools/` and `tests/events` directories in [lightning-rfc-protocol-test](https://github.com/ElementsProject/lightning-rfc-protocol-test) for details.
- [ ] Poor man's rendez-vous routing (@t-bast). See [mail by t-bast](https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/lightning-dev/2020-February/002519.html) and [gist](https://gist.github.com/t-bast/9972bfe9523bb18395bdedb8dc691faf) for details. (Since this is a fresh proposal still in everybody's mind this moved up the list to minimize loss of context).

## Backlog
The following are topics that we should discuss at some point, so if we have time to discuss them great, otherwise they slip to the next meeting.

- [ ] Current status of the trampoline routing proposal (@t-bast)
- [ ] How can we improve the gossip (gossip_queries_ex)? (@sstone )
```

Looking forward to Monday's meeting :-)