[Lightning-dev] Data Lightning Atomic Swap (DLAS-down, DLAS-up)

Subhra Mazumdar subhra.mazumdar1993 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 07:14:45 UTC 2020

Hello Takaya,
        I really liked the idea of data atomic swap mentioned over here. So
as of now if we consider transfer of a file (may of few KB) then you split
it into several blocks and use atomic multi path payment whole using the
blocks for embedding with the preimage inorder to obtain payment. But it
might be the case you may not have sufficient number of path to transfer
all the blocks at one go because of preimage size limitation of 256 bit (I
didn't get the point that there is no limitation on data size, can anyone
explain that ?). So may be you need several iteration and I presume thats
what lightning network will pitch in where we have several such
microtransactions going on. What happens if it fails in an iteration ? So
the recipient of the file remains happy with the partial content ? Or will
the payment be revoked (not sure how) if recipient doesn't get the full
content ?

Yours sincerely,
Subhra Mazumdar.