[Lightning-dev] Reduce the amount of collateral locked by scripts for transferring funds in lightning network

Subhra Mazumdar subhra.mazumdar1993 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 14:06:37 UTC 2020

Hi,
     I was wondering when parties apply condition on fraction of channel
fund for ensuring successful payment, entire channel fund is held. Is it
possible to lock just partial amount of fund of a payment channel and leave
the rest to be used by some another payment request ? Concept of
subchannels of a single channel has been suggested in "Atomic multi-channel
updates with constant collateral in bitcoin-compatible payment-channel
networks"
https://scholar.google.com/scholar?cluster=40566801298747858&hl=en&as_sdt=2005&sciodt=0,5
but I am still in doubt what happens during closing of subchannel ?

--
Yours sincerely,
Subhra Mazumdar.