[Lightning-dev] Lightning Spec Meeting 2020/02/03

Christian Decker decker.christian at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 14:00:38 UTC 2020

Dear Fellow Protocol Devs,

the next meeting is this Monday (2020/02/03), and to facilitate review
and meeting preparations we have prepared a short agenda [1].

We switched over to a Github issue to prepare the agenda, since we
already heavily rely on the infrastructure for all of our other
tasks. Since this requires a bit of curation to keep the top post
updated I am curating the list based on feedback on the issue and in
other places. If you think that there is an open issue, open pull
request, or other topic that should be discussed next Monday please let
me know and I'll amend accordingly. Please let me know as soon as
possible to give other devs a chance to catch up prior to the meeting.

The current agenda looks like this:

```markdown
# Pull Request Review
- [ ] Single-option large channel proposal #596
- [ ] BOLT 7: be more aggressive about sending our own gossip. #684
- [ ] Bolt 1: Specify that extensions to existing messages must use TLV #714 (@t-bast)
 - Gossip channel queries
   - [ ] BOLT7: reply_channel_range parameter #560
   - [ ] BOLT 7: clarify how to decode empty arrays #729
   - [ ] BOLT 7: clarify how to encode multiple `reply_channel_range` messages #730

# Long Term Updates
- [ ] Current status of the trampoline routing proposal (@t-bast)

# Research
- [ ] How can we improve the gossip (`gossip_queries_ex`)? (@t-bast)