[Lightning-dev] Locking of funds by both parties in HTLC to enforce penalty

Subhra Mazumdar subhra.mazumdar1993 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 07:33:58 UTC 2020

So that means if we follow a right to left approach for establishing HTLC
i.e. from B to C first then A to B, is there a chance? But I guess that's
doesn't sound logical. Also the point raised by you is valid. B can never
be punished if it is not possessing the secret at the point of
establishment of HTLC. So in that case this becomes a challenge, A to B , B
to A atomicity. What if A to B HTLC is established but B to A there is no
contract.