[Lightning-dev] Machine-to-machine LN payments
eupn at protonmail.com
Thu May 14 17:13:54 UTC 2020
I haven't closely following the Lightning Network's state of affairs since late 2018 and I wondering, is it possible to support the following use-case with LN:
1. A user subscribes to the service by opening a channel with it
2. User sets his LN node to "trust" invoices that come from said service
3. On subscription renewal, service sends an invoice to the client's LN node
4. Since the client's node is "trusting" service's node, it pays invoice straight away
User, of course, may cancel the subscription at any time by removing service's LN node public key from the list of "trusted". Or the user can set a limit on the amount and the frequency of payments that would be accepted from the trusted node.
For that matter, the questions are:
1. Is it possible to send invoices just by LN means? (Should we use TLVs?)
2. Is it possible to enable automatic machine-to-machine payments? As in the example above, by accepting invoices from "trusted" nodes.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Lightning-dev