[Lightning-dev] c-lightning release v0.9.1: The Antiguan BTC Maximalist Society
rusty at blockstream.com
Tue Sep 15 20:37:11 UTC 2020
We're pleased to announce the 0.9.1 release of c-lightning, named by Jon
This is a significant release with major bugfixes to multi-part payments
and various notable speedups and improvements across the board.
*Did you know*: c-lightning deprecates features with 6 months warning, and
you can set allow-deprecated-apis=false to test?
Highlights for Users
* The sending of multi-part payments has seen a lot of work, covering
more corner cases and generally becoming much more robust.
* New official plugins create commands multiwithdraw and
multifundchannel to easily produce a single transaction which does
more than one thing; these use the PSBT plumbing created for v0.9.0.
* We produce far less log spam when log-level is set to debug, so if
you've avoided setting that before, I recommend trying now.
* Startup checks that bitcoind is the correct version, and relays
* Builtin plugins are now nominated as important, and you can nominate
others as important too. The daemon will stop if these fail.
* You can now build a postgres-only installation, without sqlite3.
Highlights for the Network
* Our invoices now supply more than one routehint if we think you'll
need to use multi-part-payments.
* We prune channels which are not updated in both directions every 2
* Our default CTLV expiry has increased to 34 blocks, or 18 if we're the
final node, as per updated specification recommendations
Highlights for Developers
* PSBT APIs fleshed out with utxopsbt and locktime arguments.
* Plugins can easily mark commands and options deprecated.
* The new channel_state_changed notification lets plugins easily track
More details can be found at
Thanks to everyone for their contributions and bug reports; please keep
Since 0.9.0, we've had 391 commits commits from 15 different authors.
A special thanks goes to the 3 first time contributors:
Matt Whitlock @whitslack
Sergi Delgado Segura @sr-gi
Christian, Rusty, ZmnSCPxj, and Lisa
More information about the Lightning-dev