[Lightning-dev] Turbo channels spec?

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Wed Jun 30 00:09:27 UTC 2021

Bastien TEINTURIER <bastien at acinq.fr> writes:
> Hi Rusty,
>
> On the eclair side, we instead send `funding_locked` as soon as we
> see the funding tx in the mempool.
>
> But I think your proposal would work as well.

This would be backward compatible, I think.  Eclair would send
`funding_locked`, which is perfectly legal, but a normal peer would
still wait for confirms before also sending `funding_locked`; it's
just that option_zeroconf_channels would mean it doesn't have to
wait for that before sending HTLCs?

> We may want to defer sending `announcement_signatures` until
> after the funding tx has been confirmed? What `min_depth` should
> we use here? Should we keep a non-zero value in `accept_channel`
> or should it be zero?

You can't send it before you know the channel_id, so it has to be at
least 1.  Spec says:

      - MUST NOT send `announcement_signatures` messages until `funding_locked`
      has been sent and received AND the funding transaction has at least six confirmations.

So still compliant there?

Cheers,
Rusty.