[Lightning-dev] Turbo channels spec?

Bastien TEINTURIER bastien at acinq.fr
Wed Jun 30 07:10:56 UTC 2021

> - MUST NOT send `announcement_signatures` messages until `funding_locked`
>       has been sent and received AND the funding transaction has at least
> six confirmations.
>
> So still compliant there?

Great, I hadn't spotted that one, so we're good on the
`announcement_signatures` side.

I'm wondering if `option_zeroconf` implies that we should set `min_depth =
0` in
`accept_channel`, since that's the number of confirmations before we can
send
`funding_locked`.

We need a signal that this channel uses zero-conf, and the two obvious
choices are:

   - set `min_depth = 0`
   - use a `channel_type` that sets `option_zeroconf`

I think the second option is better, this way we can keep a "normal"
`min_depth` set
and when we send `funding_locked`, we know that the channel is now
perfectly safe
to use (out of the zero-conf zone).

Cheers,
Bastien