[Lightning-dev] On Mempool Funny Games against Multi-Party Funded Transactions

Ján Sáreník jajomojo at gmail.com
Thu May 6 15:00:36 UTC 2021

Hi Antoine,

On Thu, May 6, 2021 at 3:44 PM Antoine Riard <antoine.riard at gmail.com>
wrote:

> In this post I would like to highlight some DoS attacks against
> multi-party Bitcoin protocols during their funding phases. Recent
> discussions around DLC funding flow [0] and dual-funding of LN channel [1]
> remind me that some timevalue DoS/fee inflation issues are common to any
> multi-party funded transactions. I'm not sure how much developers meddle in
> that kind of protocols/applications are aware of them and how well they
> mitigate against them.

two days ago I tried to open a dual-funded channel and yesterday my
C-Lightning node started crashing.
Have a look at https://github.com/jsarenik/clightning-dual-crash-logs as I
think it may be related to the DoS you mention.

If it is related, let me know and I can provide all the details.

Thank you!
Best regards to all!
Jasan