[Lightning-dev] Route reliability<->fee trade-off control parameter

Clara Shikhelman clara.shikhelman at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 18:36:27 UTC 2021

Hi Joost,

A quick way to resolve this is to normalize the payment fees to a [0,1]
scale. Two natural ways to do this are the following.
0 in both of them is some maximum set by the user (maybe with some
reasonable default), 1 could be either the cheapest path or simply 0 sat.
Once we have normalized the fees to a [0,1] scale, we can proceed.

Let [image: \alpha] be the chosen balance parameter, [image: f] the
fee and [image:
p] the success probability. Then the score of a channel will be  [image:
\alpha\cdot f + (1-\alpha)\cdot p]

Clara