[Lightning-dev] Full Disclosure: CVE-2021-41591/ CVE-2021-41592 / CVE-2021-41593 "Dust HTLC Exposure Considered Harmful"

Antoine Riard antoine.riard at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 16:14:20 UTC 2021

> The "dust limit" is arbitrarily decided by each node, and cannot be
relied
upon for security at all. Expecting it to be a given default value is in
itself a security vulnerability

Reality is that an increasing number of funds are secured by assumptions
around mempool behavior.
And sadly that's going to increase with Lightning growth and deployment of
other L2s.

Maybe we could dry-up some policy rules in consensus like the dust limit
one :)