[Lightning-dev] Call For Review - LSPSpec LSPS1 LSPS2

Severin Bühler severin at synonym.to
Fri May 5 05:02:19 UTC 2023

Hello Lightning Devs,

I am writing on behalf of the LSPSpec group to inform you that we have been working on specifications for Lightning Service Providers (LSP) with the aim of creating interoperability between Lightning wallets and LSPs by standardizing how they communicate. We have two specs that are now mature, although they are not yet 100% complete, and we would like to invite everyone to review them.

The specs are as follows:

LSPS1 - Channel Request: An API to purchasing channels from an LSP. (https://github.com/BitcoinAndLightningLayerSpecs/lsp/pull/20)

LSPS2 - JIT Channels: An API for Just-In-Time Channels, which allows for 0conf channel opening on payment arrival (https://github.com/BitcoinAndLightningLayerSpecs/lsp/pull/22)

We hold biweekly calls to discuss the current state of the spec on Wednesdays at 11am UTC. The next call is scheduled for May 17th. If you would like to receive a calendar invite for the call, please join our Telegram group (https://t.me/LSPstandards) and message Pav your email address.

Best regards
Sev