[Linux-kernel-mentees] [SYZBOT REPORT] - WARNING: refcount bug in kobject_get

Greg KH gregkh at linuxfoundation.org
Mon Jun 24 08:44:21 UTC 2019

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 03:15:33AM -0500, Jiunn Chang wrote:
> At this point, I need more help to attempt a fix.  If you have any suggestions please
> let me know.

Sorry, I'm traveling all this week and have not had the chance to look
at this yet.

The driver core is "tricky" as you have found out.  I'll dig into this
when I get the chance, but it might be a few days.

Note, this call should not be the one that creates the "virtual" kobject
parent, as that is almost always created before this (I would think.)

Are you testing this on a laptop or in a virtual machine?  Before you
run the test script, is /sys/devices/virtual/ present on your system or
not?

thanks,

greg k-h