[Linux-kernel-mentees] Community Bridge Klever Project

Jay Rajput jay24rajput at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 17:53:12 UTC 2020

> Okay, all good. The task in this mentorship is to make CodeChecker import
> the results from coccinelle into the UI.
>
> Look at:
> https://github.com/Ericsson/codechecker/tree/master/tools/report-converter
>
> If you can write a first simple report-converter for coccinelle and your
> prototype shows that you understand what needs to be done, we can devise a
> plan to make a full-fledged proper implementation with documentation,
> tests etc. If the plan is solid, I am happy to mentor you through these
> tasks.
> If your implementation works, the rough workflow should be:
>
> make coccicheck > coccicheck_output
> report-converter -o coccicheck_report -t coccinelle coccicheck_output
> CodeChecker server &
> CodeChecker store ./coccicheck_report -n linux
>
> Then, we should see the coccinelle findings nicely presented in the UI.
>
> Of course, it might be possible to modify coccinelle, provide parameters
> to the build target to simplify the parser to be implemented in
> CodeChecker.
>
> If that is not clear, we go back one step in the introduction process of
> the task.

Hello Lukas,

I have looked into the code for report checker and I have devised the
workflow and plan for extracting the errors in the document below:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Hbo4REffUS6IN2KzAKB-zAIlvUGO43Rx4adzVnG6HwM/edit?usp=sharing

For the prototype, I would make a basic parser that could extract the error
files from the coccinelle output and display it, is that correct? If there
is something more please let me know

Thanks and Regards
Jay Rajput