[Linux-kernel-mentees] We should settle on a name for the new DVB virtual driver.

Daniel W. S. Almeida dwlsalmeida at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 20:00:30 UTC 2020

It has come to my attention that this patch  -
https://patchwork.linuxtv.org/patch/62494/  - has reorganized a few
directories in the media tree, pushing test drivers into their own
directory.

In an effort to reduce the amount of renaming down the line, and also to
adapt to the new structure presented above I think it is a good time to
come up with a name for the DVB virtual driver. It might also be a good
idea to move it to its own directory as well while we're at it.

My personal preference is vidvb, which is somewhat in line with the
naming scheme used by other virtual drivers for the media subsystem.

Please chime in.

Thanks.

- Daniel.