[Linux-kernel-mentees] [RFC, WIP, v6 00/10] media: vidtv: implement a virtual DVB driver

Shuah Khan skhan at linuxfoundation.org
Thu May 28 21:39:48 UTC 2020

On 5/20/20 1:03 AM, Daniel W. S. Almeida wrote:
> From: "Daniel W. S. Almeida" <dwlsalmeida at gmail.com>
>
> This series is work in progress. It represents the current work done on a
> virtual DVB driver for the Linux media subsystem. I am new to the media
> subsystem and to kernel development in general.
>
> This driver aims to:
> 	- Serve as template for new DVB driver writers
> 	- Help userspace application writers in general
> 	- Push fake audio/video to userspace for testing
> 		purposes
> 	- Push debug information to userspace via debugfs
>
> This should currently be able to feed PSI and PCM audio data to
> userspace.
>
> I appreciate any feedback!

Run checkpatch --strict on these. There are several warns and an error
which could improve the code as well as the improving Kconfig entry
as suggested below.

WARNING: please write a paragraph that describes the config symbol fully
#108: FILE: drivers/media/test-drivers/Kconfig:7:
+menuconfig DVB_TEST_DRIVERS

I will send review comments on individual patches.

thanks,
-- Shuah