[Linux-kernel-mentees] Fix for BAD_SIGN_OFF: non-standard signature

Aditya yashsri421 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 14:13:37 UTC 2020

Hi Sir
I have analyzed the checkpatch report for BAD_SIGN_OFF(over
v4.13..v5.8) for non-standard signature and generated reports for it.
Some mistakes are more frequent than others, whereas some mistakes
even have a frequency of 1.

Non-standard signatures occurring with their frequency:
https://github.com/AdityaSrivast/kernel-tasks/blob/master/random/non_standard_signature/non_standard_signs.txt

Complete warning messages:
https://github.com/AdityaSrivast/kernel-tasks/blob/master/random/non_standard_signature/warn_msgs.txt

Should I implement the fix similar to TYPO_FIX, where we have a
separate file for common misspellings and corrected words? Or should I
make a hash of these misspellings in checkpatch.pl file as well?

Also should I include all these misspelled words in it? Or omit words
below certain frequency?

Thanks
Aditya