[Linux-kernel-mentees] Adding doc for parse-maintainers.pl

Lukas Bulwahn lukas.bulwahn at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 08:15:21 UTC 2020

On Wed, Nov 18, 2020 at 8:12 PM Lukas Bulwahn <lukas.bulwahn at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mi., 18. Nov. 2020 at 19:02, Aditya <yashsri421 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Sir
>> So, I tried finding doc where to add documentation for
>> parse-maintainers.pl and MAINTAINERS.
>> I think the only place we have documentation related to MAINTAINERS is
>> here:
>> https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/process/maintainers.html
>>
>> Or https://www.kernel.org/doc/linux/MAINTAINERS
>>
>> Maybe we should add the changes at the end of this section:
>> https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/process/maintainers.html#descriptions-of-section-entries-and-preferred-order

I hope you did realize that the two pages:

https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/process/maintainers.html
https://www.kernel.org/doc/linux/MAINTAINERS

come from the same source file, it is simply the MAINTAINERS file in
the root directory of the git repository that is then processed and
placed to those locations above.

So, you only need to modify MAINTAINERS and send a patch.

I suggest you write up and summarize what parse-maintainers does.