[Linux-kernel-mentees] KASAN: slab-out-of-bounds Read in squashfs_get_id

Greg KH gregkh at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Oct 14 09:53:06 UTC 2020

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 05:13:29PM +0800, Fox Chen wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 4:27 PM Dmitry Vyukov <dvyukov at google.com> wrote:
> >
> > Oh, from groups. Yes, that won't work for the kernel. That also
> > generated an HTML email, which is generally not welcome on kernel
> > mailing lists.
> >

> Got it! thank you!
>
> If I miss the original email, without using "groups", how can I reply
> to the thread??

If the tool lets you, just download the "raw" message, and load it in
your email client and respond to it from there.

I know lore.kernel.org has the option to save it this way, then just use
a mail client like mutt:
	mutt -f message_downloaded.txt

and away you go.

If your email client does not let you do this, perhaps you need a better
email client :)

thanks,

greg k-h