[Linux-kernel-mentees] Question regarding marking bugs as "invalid"

Lukas Bulwahn lukas.bulwahn at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 12:03:29 UTC 2020

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 1:52 PM Himadri Pandya <himadrispandya at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it correct to mark bugs as "invalid" if they have reproducers but
> the reproducer doesn't trigger any issue on testing current status? If
> not, then what should be done about such bugs?
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Himadri

Himadri,

if possible try to determine which commit fixed the issue the
reproducer triggered.

You can potentially bisect with the reproducer on the git history or
you can simply look in the git log of the affected files if someone
mentioned fixing something related to the trigger.

That helps to make sure we do not just close reproducers that just
need a lot of time, configuration or luck to hit a certain crash.

Lukas