[Linux-kernel-mentees] INFO: trying to register non-static key in ath9k_htc_rxep

Brooke Basile brookebasile at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 18:28:45 UTC 2020

On 9/23/20 2:06 PM, Andrey Konovalov wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 23, 2020 at 7:42 PM Brooke Basile <brookebasile at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 9/22/20 3:38 AM, Dmitry Vyukov wrote:

>>> I mean this "USB driver ID matching broke":
>>> https://groups.google.com/g/syzkaller/c/VKfxh__m05w/m/ArzTtar-AgAJ
>>> syzkaller can't test usb, nor reproduce any existing bugs on the upstream tree.
>>>

>> Hi Dmitry,
>>
>> Thanks for the heads up and for the link to the thread with the information.
>>
>> I recently fixed the following bug:
>> https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?id=cabffad18eb74197f84871802fd2c5117b61febf
>>
>> I tested this on my local syzkaller instance before sending it in to
>> syzbot and the kernel panic was resolved, however I did get "-busid- is
>> not in match_busid table... skip!" in dmesg-- should this be taken as a
>> false positive as well?
>
> Hi Brooke,
>
> Yes, this line means that the kernel is broken and testing USB
> programs with syzkaller is impossible.
>
> Thanks!

Gotcha, I'll hold off on working on USB bugs for now then.

The above patch has already been applied to the ath-next tree:
	https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/11769845/

Should I have the patch reverted or is it safe to assume that any
regressions will be caught in the -next tree?

Thank you,
Brooke Basile